As the holidays approach, you might be expecting guests in your home next month who may be staying for a few days, or maybe a few weeks. You’ll be preparing the house for them to make sure everything is ready. And one of the most important parts of the home to ensure it is in the best shape is the various bathrooms. Are there any lingering repair issues in the bathrooms that must be taken care of before the holiday crowd shows up? Now is the time to schedule the work so you won’t have to worry about it later!
Is the Bathroom Sink a Problem?
Most people think of repairs to bathroom toilets when they think about bathroom repairs. It’s definitely smart to make sure all the toilets are working. But what about the bathroom sinks? Have you overlooked issues with one or more of the sinks that require a plumber’s attention? Something more than a leaky faucet?
Depending on the type of problem you’re facing with a bathroom sink, you may either need to have it repaired or replaced altogether. When you work with our plumbers on your bathroom repair, they’ll give you an honest assessment about “repair vs. replace.”
Let’s look at some bathroom sink problems and what kind of remedy they may need:
- Water drains out even with the stopper: The sink can’t hold water? A problem you shouldn’t ignore. It could be a simple as the seal around the stopper decaying. But there may be leaks elsewhere around the drain. A plumber should be able to repair this issue quickly.
- Cracked basin: A surface crack is something that can usually be repaired with some resurfacing. Larger cracks are a major problem, and simply taking some epoxy to prevent leaking is not a good idea. In most cases, these cracks call for having the whole sink replaced.
- Permanent staining: Here’s a problem that won’t make your sink harder to use or cause damage, but it doesn’t look good. If you have an old sink, it’s better to have one with permanent staining replaced.
- Leaking around the edges: Whether you have an undermount or overmount sink, it must be well sealed to the material of the cabinet so water can’t get between the sink and the cabinet material. Water in this spot can lead to mold and mildew problems. Professionals can take care of re-sealing the sink.
- Bad drainpipe: Is the p-trap pipe under the sink the trouble? If it’s leaking at all, this needs to be fixed ASAP. Plumbers can put in a new p-trap and connect it to the sink.
It’s tempting to try to come up with stopgap measures to repair the sink, but please don’t try to take shortcuts. You may end up with a huge bathroom plumbing disaster during the holidays, which is one of the last things you want to happen.
Call a Carpenter for Bathroom Sink Repair or Replacement
We offer great bathroom sink repair for Clovis, NM homes and in all the surrounding areas. We’re a dependable family-owned and operated plumbing business with more than 16 years of experience. Our goal in every job is nothing less than your absolute satisfaction.