Clovis AC Repair
Quality Air Conditioner Repairs Near You
When installed professionally, air conditioners should operate without fail for years. But that’s only the case if you keep up with scheduling professional maintenance and any recommended AC repairs your HVAC contractor makes. The Clovis, NM team of technicians here at Mark Carpenter Plumbing, Heating & Air are here to provide you with reliable air conditioning repair because, let’s face it, at some point, you’ll require it.
The secret to minimizing the risk of serious damage to your air conditioner is to schedule professional repairs at the first sign of a problem. The sooner you attack the issue, the better off your air conditioner is likely going to be.
Signs You Need AC Repair
Your air conditioner will inevitably need repairs, and knowing what to look for can save you money. The sooner you call to schedule repairs. The more likely the job will be quicker and cheaper. The longer you let the problem persist, the more likely the damage will continue to be a problem and potentially lead to additional problems. Here are some everyday things to look out for:
- Warm air blowing from your AC: First, check to make sure that the thermometer is set to cooling and set to a temperature lower than your home currently is. If your AC continues to blow warm air, then it's time to call in a professional.
- Your AC is leaking water: While your air conditioner may produce condensation as it runs, it should never leak into your home. You want to get this problem fixes as soon as possible so you don't end up with structural damage to your home.
- Strange odors coming from your AC: This is most common the first time you turn on your air conditioner for the year. Mold and other substances can grow in the dark and potentially damp interior of the unit, and a professional can clean out the issue with straightforward maintenance.
- Strange noises: If your AC is making banging, buzzing, rattling, or any other type of strange noise, you should call us right away to make sure something isn't seriously wrong with the unit.
No matter how minor you think your air conditioning issue might be, it’s important to remember that they can worsen over time leading you to needing to replace your AC system, especially if you neglect them for too long. Before that happens, call our team to schedule air conditioning maintenance or AC repair services.
Why Is My AC Making That Noise?
Every noise your air conditioner makes gives a clue to what exactly is going wrong. Our technicians can help fix whatever problem it may be, but it can still be good to know what you might be looking at before we show up:
- Buzzing and Humming: When you hear these sounds emanating from the condenser cabinet of the air conditioner as the system starts up, it indicates something called hard starting. This is when the compressor motor struggles to start, much like the motor in a car engine groaning to turn over on a cold morning. Although the air conditioner may end up starting, the amount of strain hard starting puts on the compressor and the energy it wastes (an AC uses 4 to 8 times more electricity during start-up) makes it something you’ll want repaired right away. HVAC technicians can often fix hard starting with the installation of a hard-starting kit to give the motors an extra “kick.”
- Rattling and Clanging: Sometimes, a rattling sound is a simple problem—the door to the indoor HVAC cabinet is loose. If this isn’t the trouble, there are other explanations, such as the entire cabinet coming loose or broken parts inside the air handler. Clanging sounds can mean bent fan blades in the blower striking the casing, or loose parts battered around in the air handler. All these problems can cause significant damage if left unrepaired.
- Hissing: This is probably leaking refrigerant. The high-pressure refrigerant gas is escaping through tiny holes in the copper refrigerant lines where spots of corrosion have weakened the metal. When the refrigerant level of an air conditioner drops, leading to an “undercharged” AC, it creates numerous problems—the worst of which is a burnt-out compressor. Air conditioners are never supposed to run with a low refrigerant charge, so shut your AC off and call for repairs. Technicians will seal the leaks and recharge the air conditioner.
- Grinding and Shrieking: These mechanical sounds are likely coming from problems with the motors. When the bearings of a motor wear down, they create a distinct shrieking sound. When the bearings wear down fully, the motor will suffer damage until it burns out. Repairs can replace the bearings before the situation degenerates that far. A motor in danger of burning out, for whatever reason, will create a grinding noise. In these cases, the motor needs a replacement.
- Clicking: You’ll hear this sound at startup if one or more of the capacitors is starting to fail. You can expect this to occur eventually since capacitors are temporary electronic components. Have experts put in a new capacitor so the motor will continue to start and run.
Schedule Air Conditioning Repair Right Away
Forcing a damaged or malfunctioning cooling system to continue operating will put increase stress on the system. This can not only cause any existing problems to worsen, but also may lead to additional operational problems—a domino effect so to speak.
You will likely also end up paying more money for weaker performance, since a compromised cooling system just cannot cool as efficiently as one in great condition. This is why it’s a good idea to schedule air conditioning repair as soon as you think there’s a problem.
Call Our Team for Air Conditioning Services in Clovis, NM
You can count on the trained HVAC professionals at Mark Carpenter Plumbing to manage your HVAC repairs throughout Clovis, NM and beyond. Don’t take risks when it comes to the quality of your AC repairs! Remember, attempting them on your own or trusting a general handyman (who may not be adequately trained in HVAC work) can do more harm than good to your AC, and could end in injury or property damage.
Additionally, forgoing a professional for your air conditioner repairs or other service work can invalidate your system’s manufacturer warranty. That means that later on, if your system breaks down due to a manufacturer default, you’ll be financially responsible for having the repairs done on something the manufacturer would have otherwise covered.
Our experienced techs will ensure a job well done. We're licensed, insured, and provide guarantees for your peace of mind.
We Make it Easy
Call or contact us anytime to schedule a service. Our techs will be on time in uniform with fully stocked trucks.
The Best Equipment for Any Job
We have sewer camera tools, residential jetting vans, and commercial trailer-mounted jetting trucks to handle jobs both big and small.
We Support Our Military!
Every service call our team performs is a $10 donation to a local military support organization.
Up-front, Guaranteed Pricing
Eliminate the hassle and uncertainty with flat-rate, honest pricing.
8am-8pm Same Rate, Including Saturday
You can't predict an emergency, we're here for you when you need us.